Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blogistas:
Believe it or not, I am actually back in Seattle visiting a few friends. I got here via Virgin America, which is kind of like a doctor's waiting room trying to pose as a combination of Hollywood Club meets San Francisco based Internet Startup, all at 35,000 feet.

It was great. Nice, young attractive employees, leather seats, and they have a feature where you can text message other passengers that seemed absurd, and I did not use, but I might try on the way back just for that reason (absurdity, if it isn't obvious enough, can be great fun).

17f: Hey there
19A: Um, hi?
17f: How are you?
19A: What is this? are you actually text messaging me from two rows away?
17f: Yeah, I think U R HOT
19a: What are you, 15 yrs old? If you want to talk to me, be a man and start a conversation. With Talking.
17F: uh, are you sure you don't want to just chat like this for a few minutes? I am not really comfortable actually speaking to people outside of IM. I am, apparently, Virgin's target market.
19A: I am going back to my magazine now. and don't try to chat with me in baggage claim.


Anyway, things are good. I am enjoying Seattle and seeing old friends. My first stop was Salumi, the number one lunch spot on the planet. As it turns out, the place was empty and I had the full attention of all four of the lovely ladies running the place. Sarah, Allison, Melanie, and best of all (!) Ingrid, a lady who I not only helped admit to the Art institute culinary program back in my AIS Admissions days, but actually worked with in the culinary school classes I took. She is doing great, in charge of the private lunch program where she gets to actually do creative work designing and executing menus for clients who are in love with her at a nationally recognized restaurant. Not bad for barely a year out of culinary school. It was such a wonderful experience seeing her and how she's doing, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't really proud of her.

In other news, I am still working at Osteria Mozza, which is going great, and I just finished a big draft on a piece I wrote about Ramona (German moto chick) for a show in Hollywood called Save The Date. They like crazy, hilarious, and outrageous (and occasionally tragic, if you can make it funny of course, and we all know the best comedy comes from tragedy) stories of dating and romance. Well, that one qualifies on all fronts. I might go up next month-if I make it in I will try and post the video.

I have some other writing projects I am working on, so stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kathy j said...

hey love. i'd love to read the ramona piece. bring it!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home